Wednesday, February 26, 2014

#2 Mt. Mansfield, Vermont

Just like with Camel's Hump, I've hiked Mt. Mansfield countless times.  The first was in June of 2008, taking the Sunset Ride trail up and back.  Although most of my hikes nowadays still come from the Underhill side, I've traversed just about every trail on the mountain.  My favorite loop to do is to go up the Maple Ridge trail to the forehead, head north on the Long Trial to the chin, and fly down the Sunset Ridge trail.  A great way to conquer the mountain.

I'd say Mt. Mansfield and Camel's Hump are my "go-to" hikes.  If I'm in great need of a hike but don't have the time to get to the Adirondacks or the Whites, they are the mountains I turn to.  I never get sick of the views, and never get sick of the trails.  It's therapeutic.

Here are some pictures of Mansfield hikes from 2008 until now...



























No comments:

Post a Comment